Admissions open for the academic year 2020-21
for Grades Nursery- XI
DPS Whitefield Kindergarten School:
DPS Whitefield Kindergarten is now located on the Hagadur Road, off Whitefield Main Road, near Forum Neighbourhood Mall. It has classes from Nursery to U.KG. & provides a strong foundation for entry into the main DPS Whitefield School.
About DPS Whitefield
1. DPS Whitefield is a franchise of “The Delhi Public School Society, New Delhi” and is affiliated tothe CBSE Board, New Delhi. We adhere to the guidelines set up by the DPS Society regarding academic standards, teacher’s recruitment and infrastructure.
2. Each franchise operates as a special unit, but preference is given to students coming from other DPS schools.
3. The student teacher ratio in a Class is :
• In Pre-primary : Two teachers to thirty eight students along with one maid.
• Class I to XII : One teacher to thirty eight students.
4. Facilities available:
• 6 acres of land comprising of two blocks for Primary and Secondary with an extension block for Senior Secondary
• A Professional ground (2 acres) with facility of Volleyball, Cricket nets, Football courts & 6 lane running track for Athletics.
• Multipurpose hall inclusive of a Basketball Court, Table Tennis &Badminton.
• Well equipped Computer Labs,Science Labs and Maths Lab.
• Canteen providing snacks, hot meals& drinks.
• Day care from 12.30 noon to 3pm in Mallasandra campus and up till 6 pm in Hagadur Campus.
• Educomp Smart Class program (for Nursery – XII) designed to empower teachers with technology right inside the classroom, transforming it into a lively platform for learning.
• Competitive examinations like Olympiad, MaRRS International Spelling Competition, MaRRS Pre School Bee and ASSET.
5. Special Educator:
DPS Whitefield has engaged Endeavour Extended Learning Services to support children with learning challenges and alternate needs. They provide support through remediation and also provide counseling support to children for any behavioral concerns.
6. Language Options:
UKG to Grade VIII – 2nd Language options – Hindi / Kannada
Grade V – VIII – 3rd Language options – Hindi/Kannada/Sanskrit/French/German
(Kannada is introduced in grades 1 and 2 as an additional language)
7. Paid Hobbies: UKG to VIII (Child can opt for one activity)
• Abacus – Brain Power Academy ABACUS is a highly structured, time tested and globally accepted programme in many countries. It activates the brain, enhances calculation speed and accuracy.
• Vedic Maths – Conducted by Brain Power Academy, is a unique system of mathematics which enables students to solve mathematical problems with ease and speed through games and puzzles.
• Karate – Conducted by Institute of Karate and Allied Arts. Karate will be taught as main course and crash courses will be in Martial Arts, Tar Kwando, Kicks & Self-defense techniques.
• TAAQADEMY Music Classes – Bangalore’s critically-acclaimed and award-winning music school, whose curriculum includes song learning, Introduction to musical instruments, Instruction in instrument playing – guitar, keyboards, rhythm & percussion etc.
• Classical Dance –Bharatnatyam & Kathak
• Active Sports – We provide special coaching in Cricket,Football, Basketball, Badminton & Athletics and Chess.
• Aero Modelling & Robotics- Conducted by Invictus Aerosports. The students will be introduced to the world of Robotics and Aeromodelling, by teaching them the different mechanisms involved in making a robot, how the robot brain works, the different types of energies available in nature and their model construction.
• Ballet –Conducted by ‘Dance with me” Studio, a 14 year old institution associated with the UK alliance of Professional Teachers of Dancing.Classes are conducted by Ms Mridula Martis, who is Certified UKA Trainers.
• Speech and Drama Programme : Conducted by Halen O’Grady International, practices universal programme with a unique and extensive range of drama activities to empower the students by developing their communication skills, self-confidence, self -esteem , positive outlook and social skills.
• Nursery to class I – Informal Assessments.
• Class II to XI – Assessments will include 3 Unit Tests, 1 Half yearly, an Annual exam, projects, homework, assignments, quiz etc.
• Class X & XII -.3 Unit Tests, Half Yearly exam and 2 Pre-board exams,
9. Special Weeks :
Each month a week is dedicated to a theme like Science Week, Environment Week, Art&Craft week, Music week, Literary week etc.This has been incorporated to include and involve the students in activities that go beyond the text book and classroom.
10.Timings of the school (Monday to Friday)
• Pre-Primary : 8.00 am to 11.30 pm ( Mallasandra Campus)
: 8:30 am to 12:10 pm ( Hagadur Campus)
• Class I to XII : 8.00 am to 2.15 pm
• Office timings : 9.00 am to 1.00 pm (Monday to Saturday)
Address : Survey No. 123/124 Mallasandra Village, Hoskote Taluk, Bangalore 560067 Phone +917847082697, +917815041659
174, Hagadur Main Road, Near Forum Value Mall, Whitefield, Bangalore 560066 Phone + 918088219545
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website : www.dpswhitefield.org
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR CLASSES NURSERY – IX (2020- 21)
- The Application Form is available at the School office on payment of Rs. 1000.
- Interaction date and time will be allotted after the duly filled up form along with copy of Birth certificate, Aadhar card (for Classes I-IX, copy of previous report card) is submitted at the school office.
- Please ensure that the applicant fulfills the eligibility criteria. Age Criteria as on June 2020.
- Nursery – 2 years 10 months
- LKG – 3 years 10 months
- UKG – 4 years 10 months
- Class I – 5 years 10 months
4. On the day of interaction, we would appreciate if both parents come along with the child to the campus 10 minutes prior to the allotted time For Classes Nursery to I, the child has to undergo a brief interaction with the teachers first and for Classes II – VII there will be a written test for a duration of 1 ½ hrs (Subjects- English, Hindi & Maths) and for classes VIII & IX the written test will be for 2 hours(Subjects – English, Hindi, Maths & Science). This is followed by a meeting with the Principal, whose decision will be final.
5. Keeping the above requirements in mind, parents/guardians should make themselves available for a minimum of 3 hours on the allotted date of the interaction.
6. Selected applicants will receive an e-mail confirmation 3 days after the date of interaction.
7. Documents to be submitted at the time of submission of duly filled application form
|Nursery – UKG||Classes I – IX|
|1. One passport size photo of applicant and one each of both parents.2. Copy of Birth Certificate.
3. Copy of Aadhar Card
4. Attested copy of SC/ST/OBC certificate, if applicable.
8. Original Transfer Certificate will be required to be submitted before the beginning of the Academic Session.
Note: In case of a student from a non-CBSE curriculum, the TC has to be attested by the DEO/BEO.
Kindly Note: Admission to the Class sought shall be provisional in nature till the submission of the above documents.
With best wishes,
Mrs. Kamava Bopana
Address : Survey No. 123/124 Mallasandra Village, Hoskote Taluk, Bangalore 560067
Phone : +917847082697, +917815041659
174, Hagadur Main Road, Near Forum Value Mall, Whitefield, Bangalore 560066
Phone + 918088219545 Email: email@example.com Website : www.dpswhitefield.org
Availability of Seats
Admissions for the Academic year 2020-2021